Thursday, January 22, 2009

URBAN TRIVIA QUIZ


In a well-known city, there are 21 streets running east and west whose names (with a couple of exceptions) begin with consecutive letters of the alphabet. Two other city landmarks also fill within this alphabetical scheme. The first four streets, from north to south, are Anza, Balboa, Cabrillo, and Fulton.

For 10 points, name the city.
For 10 points, name what corresponds to G.
For 10 points, name what corresponds to Z.
For 2 points each, name as many of the other 17 streets as you can.

Answers after the fold.



The city is San Francisco.
G corresponds to Golden Gate Park.
Z is the city zoo.

The streets in order are:
Anza
Balboa
Cabrillo
Fulton
Golden Gate Park
Lincoln
Irving
Judah
Kirkham
Lawton
Moraga
Noriega
Ortega
Pacheco
Quintara
Rivera
Santiago
Taraval
Ulloa
Vicente
Wawona
Yorba
Zoo

3 comments:

kat said...

I was right!

Do I get extra points for being able to list all the streets in order?

Maggie Jochild said...

You certainly do. Even I couldn't do that -- Ortega and Ulloa completely evaded me.

kat said...

I went to the SF Conservatory, which was on Ortega at the time (they've since moved downtown), so the far end of the alphabet is the easy part.
I lived at home, so I'd drive across the bridge, go from 101 to highway 280, get off at Monterey, wind through Glen Park and St. Francis wood, then end up on Vicente. I'd have to back track over to "O" to get to campus.

Either that or I'd take Fell to Irving to 20th and up that way.

The beginning of the alphabet got covered when I'd go to my grand-dad's house on Fulton.